How to become a member of North Tyneside Employees Credit Union
Opening an Account
To become a member of North Tyneside Employees Credit Union, you must fall into what is called our ‘common bond’. This means you must work for North Tyneside Council, it’s successors or partners, (such as Engie, Capita or local NHS, Police, Fire and Rescue etc…) or be retired from North Tyneside Council.
If you are unsure if you qualify please feel free to give us a call on 0191 643 5881
Family members living at the same address are also able to join.
To join the credit union, you must complete the relevant membership application form (available from the main office, outreach office or use the link below). You must provide proof of ID (e.g. driving license, passport) and proof of address (e.g. recent utility bill) when submitting your application.
If you have a child that attends a North Tyneside Primary school they can join too. Please call the office to ask about our First Savers Scheme.
Benefits of Membership
Membership of the Credit Union has many benefits….
- Flexible and convenient loans
- Attractive dividend on savings
- Quality personal service with no hidden fees
- Pay into your account by standing order and watch your money grow
- Your savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Free life insurance on loans and savings